I will be back soon…
” Collect moments, not things” – unknown
A whole world will open up, if you just lift your head from your phones and look up..
Continue reading BEAUTIFUL BALCONIES OF BARCELONA .1
I haven’t posted anything in a long time and I could make a long list of reasons why, but I honestly don’t think anyone would be interested. Today I decided to start again, however I am changing it up a bit. Whereas before I focused around food, now I just want to write, to express my feelings and thoughts. Even if it is just for myself to clear my mind from the thoughts I had throughout the day and also to get into the habit of writing daily.
Without a doubt, I am a introvert person; I really appreciate my alone time and can easily keep myself busy. However because of this I have a lot of conversations/thoughts in my mind, that keep going. This can be a good creative proces, but sometimes it is nice to put something out of my mind, for example by writing it out.
Topics I will probably write about in the future, are;
- yoga – this plays a big role in my life, it has helped me to connect with and appreciate my body. Although I haven’t been practising as much as I would like to, I try to at least spend 10 mins on the mat, even it is just some light stretching or focusing on my breath. With this comes meditation, which is a journey I still need to take, but feel very strongly connected to.
- architecture – at the moment I am an architecture student at the Technical University of Delft and loving it. At times it is very hectic, but in the last 6 months or so I have learned so much, not only about architecture, history, landscaping, etc but also about myself and where my priorities lie. I now look very differently at buildings and instead of looking down all the time, I notice I am glancing up, admiring the beautiful structure and ornaments of buildings.
- family – my family, as weird as they are, is very important to me.
- traveling – as I may have mentioned before, last year I went on a gap year. During this time I not only travelled in Europa and Asia, but also learned a new language, did a very intense but rewarding internship and also spend time on my portrait drawing skills.
- Asia – even though I am as Dutch as they go (blond hair, pale skin, blue eyes), my family and I have a strong connection to Asia. I was born in Singapore and lived there for a couple of years, my mom is finishing her master in Chinese studies and some of my family live in Asia. I can’t exactly explain why we all have this fascination with this continent and its culture, but each one of my travels to China, Tibet, Philippines, have been life-changing experience. I could do a whole post alone on what Asia means to me
- nature – I have been fortunate to have traveled to many countries at such a young age, and I am very grateful for these opportunities that I had. Exploring and visiting these different places, made me appreciate and respect every different aspect of nature; the upcoming warmth and beauty of a sunrise in Africa, the cool and relaxing rains in Hong Kong, the sound of the bells from the cows in Switzerland. Every single one of them unique in its own way.
- Barcelona – just because, Barcelona.. If I got a job offer today, I would pack my bags and leave.
I hope I have sparked your interests and just as with my yoga, I am going to write something everyday, even if it is just one sentence..